Let’s take a quick look at Information Technology asset management (ITAM) before getting personal with cybersecurity AM.
Financial, inventory, regulatory, and lifecycle administration as part of a software asset management system. As long as the gadget or cloud security is used for business, it counts as an IT asset or ITA. Also, it aids in maximizing the assets’ monetary value for the company.
MIRAT handles ITSM like a pro!
In ITAM programs, the following features are essential:
- Take a complete inventory of all of your technology, software, and networking devices and report on it
- Maintaining correct software licenses is the responsibility of the license administration.
- Decision-making over which ITA should really be retired and how their software licenses should be managed as well as keeping an eye on the inventory are all parts of lifecycle operations.
IF THE STANDARD DEFINITION IS FOLLOWED, the IT and software support teams would be solely responsible for Information Technology asset management.
Data collection and comprehending what software is operating on each ITA, on the other hand, is vital and is at the heart of cybersecurity.
Because it’s important to cybersecurity, we put together cyberwarfare & hardware asset management as shown below:
obtaining information about ITA from any source and compiling it
Reconciling the information to produce an overview of all ITA and what’s on them
constantly verifying that all ITA adhere to the security policy as a whole
Creating automated, triggered responses if ITA deviates from the security rules.
A successful cyber project and decision can only be driven by cybersecurity asset management, also known as modern ITA management.
Examples of Cybersecurity Asset Management
Hardware Asset Management and cybercrime are intertwined hence we should explore strategies to improve fundamental security operations.
- Endpoint protection can assist you in discovering assets without an endpoint agent or identifying those who have the correct agent installed but aren’t functioning.
- To discover assets not even being examined by a vulnerabilities assessment tool, vulnerability management helps.
- To detect cloud instances that aren’t being checked for vulnerabilities, are set incorrectly, or don’t meet industry standards like the CIS Foundations Benchmarks, cloud security software can aid in this process.
- Utilizes numerous data sources to expedite incident response operations investigations and cleanup by utilizing richer, connected data on the ITA.
- It helps discover ITA that no longer adheres to your company’s overall security policy through continuous control monitoring.
- Enforcing security policies: This assists you in dealing with ITA that does not comply with your security standards automatically.
Do you want to know more about how software asset management may benefit both IT and security teams? Get in touch with experts at MIRAT via email at email@example.com or talk to us at +91-9550827711. You can also visit https://www.mirat.ai/trial.html to access your free 14 trials
MIRAT has been proven to reduce 80% of your operational expenses, 20% of outage costs and increase team productivity by 60% and efficiencies by 30%. You can now get your ROI in just 6 months!
MIRAT is now an artificial intelligence-driven cloud software capable of providing all the packaged tools under one license, offering centralized self-service capabilities with No/minimum staff and remote monitoring capabilities that presently no other competitor is able to serve. The USP of MIRAT.ai is “Automation” of IT infrastructure operations that are highly aligned with ITIL and current trends. The IT infrastructure administration includes but is not limited to the operating system, database, network, storage, application, middleware spaces, etc.
Mirat.ai’s IT Infrastructure Management is Affordable & Easy to use! Get your Dashboard ready in only 5 Minutes. Request for Trial/Demo now (or) Contact our Team Now .